Thursday, November 1, 2012

Are You Being Served?

Have you ever stood next to a piece of furniture and felt like it was a big strong handsome man?? OK, maybe that's just my odd love of inanimate objects talking, but you know what I mean, right? There's just something about furniture that's bigger than I am! And again, versatility in furniture is always a big plus. Look at this hunk of gorgeous wood:

Hey sailor!

It's like a sampler of what can be decoratively accomplished! It's got fantastic turned legs, a lower cut-work pediment, applied rope trim and carved notch borders. What's missing is some knobs and pulls, plus the desire to bring it home to meet the parents! If I were to guess at its personality, I'd have to say it's a bit boorish and stuffy! BUT, let's hook it up with some CeCe Caldwell's Vintage White paint and see what happens:

My new beau!
What a change! And speaking of change, can you imagine this in a baby's room as a changing table? Last month at Paris Flea Market, a customer bought one of the huge buffets to do just that!I think it would be great as a media center or as a credenza in a home office too. One piece of furniture that serves many a purpose! Love it!





1 comment:

  1. Jan, your buffet is absolutely STUNNING!!! I love it!!! Great job, I'm sure it will sell right away!! Oh wait... I just realized it already did!! lol :D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your inspired thoughts!